Sunday, November 25, 2012

All Done !!


It seems ages since I blogged....that's the penalty for selling one's house and having to pack up everything.  My brain wouldn't let me escape & kept saying "shall I discard?....... do I really need that?......... if I haven't used it by now, will I ever?.........hmmm I might".......

but eventually, it all came down to several piles......

1) definite discards,
2) possible discards,
3) oh dear, I can't bear to part with it,

and I hadn't even touched my craft corner !!!!!!
then came the second cull.......

the definite discards had gone,
the possible discards....some became "I'm keeping that"....some became definite discards & some went in to the the "oh dear, I can't bear to part with it"

but soon enough they became.......just one pile of what I chose to keep......and I'm happy....

Actually, on a deeper level, I found the process enlightening, it illustrated to me the extras I had in my life and made me question the necessity of what I call, "the peripherals" ..........did I really need all this stuff ?.............I'm grateful I've had the opportunity to simplify my life.







3 comments:

  1. so hello to a fellow horder!! Like you I have things that I keep that I will never use but so many of them have sentimental memories, things that were Mum`s that I would feel guilty parting with. Occasionally I try and sort out my stitching things but if I have discarded things you can guarantee I will want them once I have disposed of them!! Hope that does not apply to what you have discarded, Your travels are soon to start, wonder if the overseas trip included a visit to the UK if it does I will expect a visit!
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was sure I had read this post the other day and commented, must be loosing it!!
    I am a bit of a hoarder but you can guarantee if I have a sort out I usually regret disposing of some of the things I am sure I will never use again. I presume you are putting things in storage it is not all going in your travelling home, have a wonderful trip and please keep us up to date with your journey

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy with packing up. How will we get our postcards to you if you're jaunting about? And where are you off to first...apart from staying on the Gold Coast?

    ReplyDelete