Saturday, October 13, 2012

Nothing Much

I haven't been doing much lately apart from the usual "around the house" stuff. But I did start a small quilt each for two of my grandsons. I've had this "glow in the dark" fabric for sometime and it's time to do something with it. I'm not a quilter, but have made a couple of quilts in classes before today, so I thought simple squares bordered with plain fabric couldn't be too hard........and it wasn't. I finished one top and am half way through the second one, so shouldn't be too long before they're finished and I can mark them off my "to do" list !!!
I finished 3 fabric postcards for the November birthday girls in the group on Stitchin' Fingers, but can't post photos here until they receive them. That's been great fun to do this year & I'll definitely join up again next year.

And on Wednesday, my husband & I are off to Perth on the Indian Pacific train. It runs from Sydney on the east coast of Australia to Perth on the west coast and takes 3 days, so I'm very excited about the trip. I love train travel and have been nagging Richard to do this trip for a while, so now we're off. We'll stay with friends in Perth & have a good old time !!
For my international friends, Perth is the capital of Western Australia and Sydney is the capital of New South Wales. So hopefully, lots of photos on the blog. 

My quilt efforts........

This is the true colour of the material.....the other photos are a bit dull......




I think the boys will love them........

2 comments:

  1. I am sure the boys will be delighted with their quilts, good on you for making them so quickly.
    That is some journey by train 3 days, have visited both Perth and Sydney but flew to Perth from Melbourne then on the Sydney then got the coach back to Melbourne, have a wonderful time and yes lots of photos please, remind me of my visit in 1996

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing really well with posting regularly on your blog Teresa. Lovely to see all those goodies you picked up in Thailand, can't wait to see what you do with the fabrics. I just posted a question to you on your stitchinfinger's wall about meeting at the Brissy Craft Show, but this post answers my question......you'll be halfway to Perth by next Friday. Never mind, I know you'll have a wonderful time, and there's so much to see along the way. Look forward to hearing all about it when you get back.

    ReplyDelete