Monday, October 15, 2012

Oh, What a beautiful morning



Yesterday afternoon my daughter, (Rebecca or Bec) had a linen party with a few of her friends. It was a great afternoon, we had a ball, played a few silly games that had us laughing, enjoyed  a beautiful afternoon tea & managed to buy some new linen too !! Actually I bought a stand alone bag that doubles as a laundry bag, beach bag, storage bag......a versatile bag that I thought would be good in our caravan. It's lime green & I'll post a pic when I take delivery. Anyway, after everyone left & we did a clean up, I decided to stay the night & this morning was the most beautiful morning & I have to share the view from my room. I woke up at about 6.30, the birds were talking to each other, there was a gentle breeze, but the overall atmosphere was one of stillness. It was just lovely to sit in bed & admire the view. It's mornings like these that lead me gently into the day & remind me to give thanks for the beauty that surrounds me & to be grateful I can see it.

When I looked at this photo I thought the big old dead tree in her neighbours yard spoiled the view, but then I realised that big old tree was once a beautiful live statuesque specimen rising high above those around it, giving pleasure to all who enjoyed it & I wondered how long it had been there. But, as with the cycle of life & nature, its time is up. It will have to come down, it's becoming brittle.....one branch has already broken off and crashed into the yard, thus creating a safety issue. The purple tree to the left is a Jacaranda tree....Queensland is known for its Jacarandas and the tree in front of it is a Poinciana....it will bloom soon with masses of red flowers.

1 comment:

  1. a lovely view you have, I am sure you pass a happy few moments looking at it and feeling at peace with the world.

    ReplyDelete