Sunday, September 30, 2012

Goodies from Thailand

I loved every moment of being in Thailand and these are a sample of some of the goodies I bought home..... I particularly loved the markets, the energy, the people, the goodies on offer.....

 Gorgeous open weave cotton scarf
 an assortment of bags & purses......some for the grandies & some for gifts

 cute little coin purse from Jim Thompson house. The silk there is magnificent, but expensive.....glad I didn't find the factory !!!!!


 I loved these bags......they are made from mesh with silk fabric attached.
 and what's a visit to Thailand without buying a handbag.........
 The red & black sandals on the right & left of this photo are handmade and they are the most comfortable sandals I've ever had.....I bought 2 pairs and my daughter decided I could have hers too.....I wore mine all the time & all for the princely sum of 99 Baht per pair !!!! The red & cream shoes are elastic and are oh so comfortable....I paid about 400 Baht for them, roughly $12 & I saw them in a shopping centre not far from where i live for $49.95 !!!!




 and pants, pants and more pants.....I nearly always wear pants or shorts and the Thai fabric is very light and the styles are so easy to wear and comfortable & they;re so cheap......250 baht will get you a great pair. They suit the tropical climate I live in. I could have filled my suitcase with them!!!!
and some more goodies.....the blue printed fabric is a cotton sarong; the green & mustard in the top RH corner are pieces of cotton fabric...actually they're scarves, but I'll use them in craftwork. The black, grey, green & multi coloured open weave scarves are in the top LH corner & the little purses & glasses case are made by the hill tribe women. I was drawn to the fabrics and the colours.....



No comments:

Post a Comment