Saturday, June 29, 2013

and pages I've made





This is the page I made for Maya in India.....her topic is "Tea". I had a piece of cotton with teacups & teapots printed on it, so I embroidered around them with metallic thread.....my least favoured thread.....and embellished with beads, silk ribbon & sequins. I printed the tea labels onto fabric and stitched them on. Edged in hand dyed cotton lace.



This is the page I made for Helen in South Africa....her topic is "Don't worry...she said.."

this is hand dyed linen overlaid with organza and machine stitched. The sun is recycled silk and the saying is printed onto silk and attached. The page is edged in variegated machine thread.



1 comment:

  1. love the tea pot fabric and you have really made it look alive and so so interesting

    ReplyDelete