Saturday, June 29, 2013

end of the month

Almost the end of the first half of the year already, time really does fly. We've been in Brisbane for the last few weeks helping our daughter move house......big task & that's all I'm saying about that !!
I've been a bit frustrated also as I had yet another skin cancer burnt off. This time on my right hand and it got infected and became quite nasty. My hand swelled up to twice its size and became completely immobile and was very sore. Lots of antibiotics and dressings later, I can finally use it but in a restricted mode. I think I was more annoyed I couldn't do any stitching, didn't care about cooking and dishes, that was the benefit of it....hopefully in another few days I'll have complete use back.
We did do a trip to the botanical gardens in Brisbane.... I'm used to the more English style of garden down south so it was nice to see different plants....not a lot of flowers being winter I suppose, but lots of greenery.
Thought I'd show you some photos of a beautiful national park we visited in NSW before we arrived in Queensland. Australia has some magnificent national parks, this one's Kwiamba and the rock formations were awesome.














No comments:

Post a Comment